Power Mac issue

Reaction score
I have a dual mirror door power mac g4 that I got for free that I am looking to repair. When I press the power button on the computer the fan start but almost immediately stop. nothing happens on the screen. additionally a red light on the inside flashes when the fans are spinning. I swapped the battery on the logic board with a new one the only difference is the fans spun a little longer than before but still did not boot. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Have you checked that the RAM is:

-Seated properly?

-Even present?

-Any good?

OP
techgeek
Reaction score
yes to all 3 I removed the ram then put just one in then switched them to test to see if it was just bad RAM( It has 2 RAM ) but it made no difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Could be bad RAM.

The red light means something, I'd Google that symptom along with the machine model and see what comes up.

OP
techgeek
Reaction score
The red light just means that it is on however the light is on less than a second so I would safely assume that the computer is not running after the light is off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.