My first apple purchase..

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to both the forums and apple products.

I have been interested in apple products and have been following the upgrades for the past 2 years, saving my money so I could finally buy one.

Basically i'm looking to buy the base end 21.5" iMac with my student discount (should I wait for the student offer before I buy?)

I'm not looking for a powerhouse of a machine by any means, but I would like to play games like sims 3 and minecraft on high settings whilst having them still run smoothly.

Also I would like the machine to be able to run photoshop and programs like it smoothly.

Just wondering if it's a worthwhile purchase?
Also, should I wait until the lion os becomes standard?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The new base end 21.5" iMac will do everything you mentioned. As far as waiting to use a student discount, that's up to you. I don't think waiting for Lion should impact on your decision since we really don't know when in the Summer Apple will release it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.