Internet Dial Up Reconect

Reaction score
Hi guys !

I have very poor broadband service and it disconnects every now & then. I need a reconnect software which redials and connects to net when dis connected. I use PPPoE mode for net connection.

In Windows I used ReConnect [ link ] hoping for similar software in Mac :)

thank you in advance :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your initial request is a bit confusing. You say you have broadband service and then ask for an application that will redial for you? Do you have broadband that requires a dialup?

If you're asking for something that can reconnect to the net automatically if the connection fails... I searched and could find nothing that works for Mac OS X. The auto dialers including the one you linked to are all for Windows.

I suppose you could possibly write an applescript or use automator to do it for you. You might wish to pursue those as a possibility.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes, I actually I need a software which re-connects when net fails / dis connects. Sorry for confusing statements.

and I don't know anything about scripts or automator, I am totally new to Mac

and thank you for replying :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'll search around and see if I can find a pre-written apple script which will work. There are some real sharp script writers who have freely published their work on the net, however, I don't know if we can find one that you need.

If I find something, I'll post it to you in this same thread.

EDIT: I just found this LINK as I began to search. Take a look and see if there is anything useful. There are other links at the bottom of the page including a repository of scripts from Apple. Hopefully, you can find something that will work for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Also how have you set up broadband. You need an inline filter for each and every phone/fax connection in your house/flat/unit, except the line where your modem/router connects. Also wall phones need a filter which mounts on the wall under the base of the phone.

Having no or insufficient filters will cause drop outs each and every time a phone rings or static comes down the line.

OP
A
Reaction score
actually the problem is from provider itself. that's why I need Re Connect software

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.