Problem With PPT Slide Show On MAC 10.6.5

Reaction score
If you find time will you please help us in sorting out the issue that we are facing in MAC 10.6.5 With a PPT slide show?

The thing is we are launching a java swing application through an Add-in which is already added in to the PPT.

The problem is that the slide show is shifting in to design mode whenever we click on our java panel which is used to display over the top of the PPT slide show.

We also verified that, whenever we press alt+tab during a slide show then again the slide show is shifting in to design mode, it is only observed in MAC 10.6.5 OS.

Will you please assist us in solving this issue?

We pay for the solution which you provide.

Regards
RAGHU

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand the problem. However, why don't you upgrade Snow Leopard to the latest version? (10.6.7)

You also didn't mention which version of Office you're using?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hello chscag,

Good Morning 

Thanks for your time,

The problem is observed with both Office 2004 and as well as Office 2011,but specific to MAC OS 10.6.5

Please find my machine details mentioned below.

Hardware:

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM21.009A.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.19f2
Serial Number (system): YM8013R7YL2
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CBAD0B19

Software:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.5.0
Boot Volume: Mac 10.6
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: eidevÕs Mac mini
User Name: eidev (eidev)
Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 15:21

Observation/Explanation:

I will explain you the problem once again clearly, what you have said is right (we used Alt+Tab on WinXP keyboard, is CMD+Tab on MAC keyboard).

The thing is the PPT slide show is moving/shifting in to design mode whenever it loses focus, suppose if we have two applications running on our machine let’s say one is PPT slide show and the other one is Notepad/text editor.

The PPT slide show is started first leaving the Notepad unused either in minimized mode or in maximized mode,

Now the complete monitor screen will be occupied by the PPT slide show layer/screen making the Notepad to hidden behind it.

The problem occurs when the user press CMD+Tab and chooses Notepad from the displayed list , then the PPT is shifting in to design mode until and unless the user again transfers the focus to PPT (which is in design mode) either by pressing CMD+Tab or clicking on any area in the PPT which is in design mode.

The same above problem occurred with our desktop application;

Basically our java swing application will be invoked through a PPT Add-in and our java application panel/frame (toolbar) will be displayed over the top of the PPT slide show, but when the user clicks on the java toolbar(the focus will be shifted to the java toolbar) then the PPT slide show is shifting in to design mode, it will stay in the design mode until and unless the user transfers the focus on to it either by clicking on the PPT which is in design mode or highlighting it by the combination of CMD+Tab.

It is the problem we have been facing only on the MAC OS 10.6.5, in other versions i.e. 10.5.8 it is working as expected.

Is there any event that we can add in to our PPT Add-in such that it can sense/detect the focus lost and do our functionality instead of making the PPT shifting in to design mode, what I meant to say is can we prevent the PPT slide show to be moved in to design mode when it loses focus by either of the above combinations (either by clicking or else with the combination of CMD+Tab).

Will be waiting for your suggestion, we thank you for allotting your valuable time.

Regards
RAGHU

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.