• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple issues EFI and Thunderbolt updates for new iMacs, MacBook Pros

Reaction score
Apple issues EFI and Thunderbolt updates for new iMacs, MacBook Pros

softwareupdatesthunderbolt.jpg
Apple has issued several updates for Thunderbolt-equipped iMacs and MacBook Pros. The updates include:

Mac OS X v10.6.7 Update for iMac (Early 2011) -- includes general OS fixes and improved Thunderbolt device support. 382.56 MB.

iMac EFI Update 1.6 -- includes fixes that improve performance and stability for Thunderbolt. 6.1MB.

MacBook Pro EFI Update 2.1 -- includes fixes that resolve an issue with Turbo Mode in Boot Camp and improve performance and stability for graphics and Thunderbolt. 3.06 MB.

MacBook Pro Software Update 1.4 -- includes fixes that improve graphics stability, address issues with external display support and 3D performance and improve Thunderbolt device support. 132.69 MB.

You can download the individual updates by clicking the links above or run Software Update on your Thunderbolt-equipped iMac or MacBook Pro.

Apple issues EFI and Thunderbolt updates for new iMacs, MacBook Pros originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 05 May 2011 00:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Interesting.... I wonder if these updates are also designed to help the new MBPs to run a bit cooler? Sounds like it might be although it isn't mentioned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,

the 1.4 update broke my 2011 MBP. Once again I have a 2000 dollar computer that won't wake up from sleep while connected to a NEC 2690 monitor.

In all my years of computing I have never had the sheer number of problem I have had since owning my first macs, 2010 and 2011 MBP's. The problems are constant and Apple just keeps making them worse. Run an update, have a broken computer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm mad enough to spit.

Reaction score
the 1.4 update broke my 2011 MBP. Once again I have a 2000 dollar computer that won't wake up from sleep while connected to a NEC 2690 monitor.

In all my years of computing I have never had the sheer number of problem I have had since owning my first macs, 2010 and 2011 MBP's. The problems are constant and Apple just keeps making them worse. Run an update, have a broken computer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm mad enough to spit.

I can understand your frustration. I'm new to Mac myself. Overall I'm pretty happy with the switch. One thing I've found is that my Macbook Pro doesn't work well with non-apple products. Like you mentioned your computer not waking up with your NEC monitor. I've tried 4 different bluetooth mice for my macbook and none of worked. I ended up getting the big bt trackpad from apple and what do you know, it works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
I can understand your frustration. I'm new to Mac myself. Overall I'm pretty happy with the switch. One thing I've found is that my Macbook Pro doesn't work well with non-apple products. Like you mentioned your computer not waking up with your NEC monitor. I've tried 4 different bluetooth mice for my macbook and none of worked. I ended up getting the big bt trackpad from apple and what do you know, it works great.

It was working perfectly ( at least this one) until the update. Second time time that has happened.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.