clamshell

Reaction score
I have just recently boughten a clamshell ibook and when i start it it says "your clock is set before 1974" how do i fix that? do i need an internal clock battery? where can i buy one? thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
da2003pizimp said:
I have just recently boughten a clamshell ibook and when i start it it says "your clock is set before 1974" how do i fix that? do i need an internal clock battery? where can i buy one? thanks for any help.
It sounds like the internal battery is on its way out, or its gone already. You can try resetting the PRAM to see if that helps. If you need a battery you can find them at www.pbfixit.com or you could try eBay.

OP
D
Reaction score
i can't find one, is there somewhere else to look? how hard is it to install? also is it necessary to have? what i mean is will it hurt the computer if i don't get one? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
da2003pizimp said:
i can't find one, is there somewhere else to look? how hard is it to install? also is it necessary to have? what i mean is will it hurt the computer if i don't get one? thanks.
It won't hurt the computer, per se. But you will always get that message when you shut down and restart the system. They are on eBay from time to time, and you can try here:
http://www.welovemacs.com/apcombat.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
What is the system, OS 8.6?

OP
D
Reaction score
no, it's 9.0. i called "i love macs" and they told me that it was a battery issue, they said it's built into the battery itself, does that make any sense? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
da2003pizimp said:
no, it's 9.0. i called "i love macs" and they told me that it was a battery issue, they said it's built into the battery itself, does that make any sense? thanks.
What they were saying is that you will need to buy a brand new LiOn battery. I was mistaken before, I was thinking of the newer models. The model iBook you have does not have an internal CMOS battery, just a small capacitor to maintain date and time. This capacitor needs to be charged by the main battery.

OP
D
Reaction score
well that sucks now i have to buy a new battery, does anyone know of a good, and when i say good i mean cheap, place to buy a battery, all i want is like 2 hours max. thnaks. also i know ebay has them but i don't like ebay they are a rip off, today i bought a linksys router for 20 bucks and the person that i bought it from lives like 20 min. away and i asked him if i could pick it up, if not will shipping be cheaper? he says i have a busy life and shipping is what it is, what's left over is profit. what a jerk. sorry for babbling on but i had to get that off my chest. anyway if some can point me in the right direction of a battery i'd appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.