sound level

H

Hanyoung

Hey.
Just bought my ipod shuffle and have noticed that many of the tracks I have are playing at different levels (likely from different mixes and such).

In order to avoid blowing my ears out... any way I can have itunes equalize and burn of all of my songs to one sound level? I remember that music match had this feature.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is the "Sound Check" feature that adjusts the volume of tracks slightly. The effect is supposed to be equal volume of all tracks. But the volume is also affected by the bitrate the track was encoded at. Changing volume levels really won't change the quality or sound level significantly if the bitrates are vastly different.

OP
J

Jonster

if you go into itunes and click get info on a song, then go over to options, there is an option for volume adjustment. you can check and see if they're all set at the same volume (should be dead center), but if it's dead center, then it's probably bitrate and the quality of your music file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.