Airport losing signal

Reaction score
I have an airport express that i bought with my 14 inch ibook. So it is a few years old. recently i have been having trouble with it. music doesnt stream well to it, I wake up in the morning and have no bars and turn it on and off to make it work again. on top of that, my imac is upstairs and only a few months ago i would always get full bars, now sometimes i get only 1 or 2. could this be because my AE is getting old and is in need of an upgrade? i is getting a bit much having to restart it a few times a day. I have check other networks around there dont seem to be too many. any my cordless phone is unplugged, (though it has always been plugged in when i was getting full bars all the time. I am getting an apple tv soon, should be thinking about an upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You could try another power supply I have seen them fail or it could be an internal cap
but this is what it sounds like.

OP
R
Reaction score
meaning try pluggin it in somewhere else? problem with that is that it has to be near the internet plug (telephone line), which for me there is only one..
internal cap? what do i do about that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.