Which new imac do I really need?

Reaction score
I want the 27 inch and here is what I do on it....

Internet
website
Lots of photo stuff....just a hobby...but i take alot of photos and love photosoftware
Itunes

Do I need to upgrade anything or will everything the base model has be enough and fast enough?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The base model would be perfectly fine for your computing activities...in fact (technically)...it's way more than you need!;)

But that's ok...extra is always nice!:) I'm using a 4 year-old MacBook Pro...and my computer is more than you need.;)

HTH,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Awesome! That saves $$$
So will these new Imacs just introduced...be faster than my 2gb 800mhz ddr2 sdram 2.4 ghz Intel core 2 duo Bought in 2008 New

I have issues with iphoto and photoshop with the little spinning thingy after I'm on forawhile.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Awesome! That saves $$$
So will these new Imacs just introduced...be faster than my 2gb 800mhz ddr2 sdram 2.4 ghz Intel core 2 duo Bought in 2008 New

I have issues with iphoto and photoshop with the little spinning thingy after I'm on forawhile.

Sure they will be faster...2-3 years of improvements (2008 vs. 2011) will definitely make the 2011 iMacs faster.

As far as the "little spinning thingy"...this can be caused by a bunch of things that are not necessarily due to the age of the computer (especially a relatively "not old" 2008 iMac).

You can get the "little spinning thingy" on newer computers as well...it can happen due to computer "misuse" by users. In your case...(with 2 gig of ram) a ram upgrade could help as well.:) Which is a LOT CHEAPER than a new computer!!!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.