Fastest Typing Apple Keyboard

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing lots of typing very soon for extended periods of time. I find my old Apple keyboard with the tall keys is very slow. The low-profile keyboard at the office seems to allow me to type considerably faster. That one is similar to the one Apple sells now, but does not have the two round caps on either side, near the far end of the board. Know what I'm talking about?

What keyboard can you recommend for very fast typing. Whether it be one of the newer Apple keyboards or a 3rd party keyboard that's compatible with Apple computers.

Thanks, Danny

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Of all the Apple keyboards, the one I can type very fast on is the full sized USB Aluminum one. Also gives you a number keypad.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks. I think that's the same one I like I use at the office. This one:

imac_brushed_aluminum_keyboard_full.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use the low profile wireless keyboard without the numeric pad and much easier and faster to use than the old style with 'tall keys' My typing speed is 60 wpm.

Also as getting older and slower, no doubt, not as many typos hitting two tall keys at once.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.