Can't open internet connect

Reaction score
When I click "open internet connect" from the menu bar under the wireless icon in OSX, nothing happens. It has always opened in the past, and I need it in order to sign onto the secure network at school. Restarting doesn't work; googling it doesn't help. What can I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum. Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices at the head of each forum prior to posting. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regarding your problem: Please include the year model of your Mac and which version of OS X you're using. Also, when you click on the wireless menu item and the drop down opens, is your school's secure network listed there?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your post was moved to the correct forum. Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices at the head of each forum prior to posting. Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks. However, I can't figure out where you moved it to. This is my second time ever using a forum, so I'm pretty terrible at it. Sorry!

Regarding your problem: Please include the year model of your Mac and which version of OS X you're using. Also, when you click on the wireless menu item and the drop down opens, is your school's secure network listed there?

I have a powerbook G4 and I'm not sure how old it is, although it is at LEAST six years old and probably seven. I have OS X 10.4.

No wireless networks show up when the drop down opens, but that is normal. Usually, on campus, I have to open internet connect and then select "UMASS-SECUREX" from the far right, then sign in. It's not an ordinary wireless connection, but I also have no idea what that means. The only thing that has changed is that my computer is not responding when I click "open internet connect." It has always worked until today.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.