mouse, trackpad, etc...not responding

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 15" MacBook Pro that I purchased just a little more than one year ago. A few weeks back, my magic mouse (wireless) and my trackpad stopped working. The pointer still moved around the screen but no amount of clicking on the mouse or trackpad would work. I moved the pointer all along the dock items - nothing happened. I shut it down and started it up - all to no avail. Tech support said to do an archive and restore; tried that and it works for a little bit and then back to square one.

Finally, I was advised by tech support to bring it to one of their "authorized" dealers for diagnosis. I did that and the dealer said the hard drive was failing. I didn't believe them...after all, I had a mac!!!! :)

I brought it home and ran the diagnostics myself and sure enough, there were some bad sectors so I had the hard drive replaced.

I reinstalled the OS and did the software updates and restored my machine from the backups on my Time Capsule. Everything worked fine for the rest of the day.

Today, I took my computer out of my bag and tried to use it and wouldn't you know it...it's back to it's wonky ways before where the mouse will not interact with the system. Again, the pointer moves around the screen but that is the end of it's functionality.

Has anyone else had this happen? Might this be the logic board?

Thanks,

Aubrey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.