Crucial Memory Upgrade Praise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Just wanted to record the excellent service I have just received from Crucial (UK). I ordered 4GB memory on Monday afternoon, a Bank Holiday here in the UK. Crucial confirmed order on Tuesday and it was delivered (free) today, Wednesday morning. Great service, replacement was dead easy and iMac is working like a dream.

The memory from Apple would have cost £160. It was less than £50 from Crucial. I guess all readers here already knew that but still worth repeating I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
Cool. Rule #1 when buying a new Mac, spend your $$$ on processing speed, and don't buy RAM from Apple (unless it's an Air)!

Reaction score
I, too, love Crucial. Got new memory quickly, easily and for a lot less. Sent to me here in Afghanistan and easy installation. A+++

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
Cool. Rule #1 when buying a new Mac, spend your $$$ on processing speed, and don't buy RAM from Apple (unless it's an Air)!

NOT the advice I was given 2 years ago when I was about to enter the Wonderful World of Macs !

A friend who had become a dedicated Mac user - advised me to ignore he extra dosh for the 'faster processors' - and to just make sure I always went for the 4gb RAM

And - on the evidence of my 4 Macs - and soon to be 5 - he was right !!

They all - FLY !!

What do you base your assumption / presumption on ?:|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.