Problem with Apple Mail

Reaction score
I tried to send an e-mail from my laptop while at a hotel and using their wireless connection.

I could not send the e-mail and kept getting a message that I could not send the message using my home server. (This made sense due to the fact that I was in a hotel, so I gave up.)

However, when at home using my home internet connection, I keep getting the same message when I try to send an e-mail using my home server.

The 'Connection Doctor' indicates that my pop account is constantly trying to log into my home account.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try accessing your ISP server directly on the web. See if you can log in with your normal userid and password. If you can, change your password. Then go back to Apple Mail, accounts, and make the necessary changes for password and be sure to save them to your Keychain. Make sure your POP3 and SMTP addresses are OK and the new password is likewise entered and saved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.