New Imacs any video inputs?

Reaction score
For the last imac, the tech specs says the mini display port could be used as a input (which output device has to be supporting display port). ;D

In the new imac tech specs.... i couldn't find any thing about video input, only about that the 2 thunderbolt could be use as video output. :Angry-Tongue:

So would i be able to use it as a screen?

Also, i wanna connect my ps3 and use the imac as a screen!
(It's a fantastic full HD screen~) O:)

I have seen sth like this "PS3 and LED Cinema Display Solution (also DVI to Mini DP) - MacRumors Forums"

and it just cost too much that is enough for me to get a new screen! :Confused:

So if the new imacs have video inputs.... than tht means this thing "Connecting A PlayStation 3 To Your iMac « Being BigMacky " will work! :\

Well the adapter cost me only 150 bucks~

The problem is..... does the thunderbolt ports could use it as an video input?? :Confused:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The thunderbolt port is a two way port. But, until I see something to the contrary, I sure wouldn't be purchasing one with the intention of using a video in port on it.

If that's what you need, I'd let the tech sites and some other users get their hands on them to find out if it works - or head to your local Apple store to ask and/or test.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks!

The thunderbolt port is a two way port. But, until I see something to the contrary, I sure wouldn't be purchasing one with the intention of using a video in port on it.

If that's what you need, I'd let the tech sites and some other users get their hands on them to find out if it works - or head to your local Apple store to ask and/or test.

Thanks man, you mind telling the tech sites and let them have a try will it work :) Very appreciate for it.

I'm not using the imac mainly for a screen.... but than it would be better if i could use it as a second display ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.