Installing Office 2003 in Power Office G4

Reaction score
Am looking at installing the Microsoft version of Office 2003 in Mac. The reason for this is that the user has Office 2008 for Mac, but we are looking at having exactly the same versions each, and I am a Windows user.

Aside from dual booting, is it possible to use a virtual program, install Windows, then Office. Has anyone successfully done this and found some free software, that results in no errors?

In addition is it possible to dual boot all Mac's with Windows, or only the more recent one's, and is it possible to install Windows clean in an old mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
You don't want to run Windows on a PMG4... it's PAINFULLY slow. The nice thing about newer hardware is that the PC hardware doesn't have to be emulated - it's the same hardware for both Mac and WIndows. With a G4, it has to "pretend" to have Intel architecture, which makes it unbearably slow to use. The user might want to consider upgrading his Office to 2007 for Windows to bring the versions closer together. We have recently spoken with our Tech Account Manager from MS, who advised us that documents created in 2007, 2008, 2010 or 2011 should be fully compatible. Documents created in 2003 will NOT be fully compatible.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mmm. I think there is no option here except to look at an emulator, as they are using Office 2008 for Mac and the applications have been created in Office 2003 for Windows (more specifically Excel).

I don't want to get into a dual booting scenario either...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Emulators do not work so don't waste your cash. The only way is to look at an Intel machine and use Bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.