Hopefully ends well

Reaction score
Over the last few years I really wanted a new iMac. With money being the major obstical I recently came up with the funds. Last Friday I went to the Apple site and pulled the trigger. Once I completed the order I decided to look around for ideas on external speakers.

To my surprise the first posting I found was about waiting until the new macs come out. My heart sank as the thought really didn't cross my mind. Over the last few days I read everything I could find on the new models trying to decide if I should cancel my order and wait.

I decided to just say screw it and stick with the current model. Even though I just went for it, I still had my doubts until this afternoon.

At first I thought it was my shipping confirmation but as I read on boy was I excited. It was a simple email stating the new models are out and they will configure the new 27" instead of the 2010 one.

I contacted Apple to compare my upgrade options to the new one. The rep. reviewed everything and offered a one time offer to wave the $50.00 overnight shipping for the inconvenience. I said yes of course.

I wanted to share this (somewhat lame store) because it was something posative and because my wife really wouldn't find it all that interesting.

Maybe it was a fluke because they don't have stock on hand to upgrade but I think it was the right thing to do. Thanks Apple!

pill

Reaction score
Congrats on a new Apple and a great deal. I've been waiting for the new Apples for about a month. I'm going to pick ours up Friday at the nearby Apple Store. It's going to be a surprise birthday present for my wife, boy will she be surprised.
Bill

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Yep, grats on the new one and the ease in switching to the latest one. Nice to see some gifts given out once in a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.