Iphone Backup on External Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post, and I am in need of some assistance. My wife's data on her phone was erased, and the only backup that I have is from a computer backup that I saved on my external drive a couple months ago. Now that I am on my external, I cannot locate the actual backup file to transfer to my itunes.

Does anybody out there know how I can obtain the backup or the file name?

Jackson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How was the backup done?

Is this on a PC or a Mac?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the response plow. I had a PC, and before I got my macbook pro, I backed all data onto an external hard drive.

Since I just got the new Macbook, I never did a iphone back up on my wife's phone. She took it into an Apple store, and assuming that I already did a back up, she had the associate do some kind of reset on her phone which required her to erase all her data. Now she is stuck with no data, and the only thing I can fall back on is the data I saved from my PC. The only thing I really need is the contacts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The backup will be in the following locations:

On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
On Windows 7 & Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AppleComputer\Mo bileSync\Backup

Just copy the file to Users/YOURACCOUNT/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup On your Mac.

You should then be able to restore the backup.

Going forward I'd suggest using a gmail account to store your contacts and have it sync with the iPhone over the air. That way you can change your phone, reset it, whatever you like but you just put your gmail credentials back in and your contacts sync back in minutes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.