3.5" SATA External Enclosures

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm looking for some thoughts on a 3.5" SATA External Enclosures.

I'm currently using a gutted G-Tech 3.5" SATA External Enclosure with FireWire 400 with which I swap out external HD's regularly. I have been searching for an external enclosure that supports FireWire 800 and is easy to swap out 3.5" HD's. I tried NewerTech's Voyager swappable enclosure, but it failed on me in a couple of days and was not impressed so I do not care to try them again. So I'm wondering if others have any suggestion or thoughts on enclosures they've tried, hopefully with FireWire 800(not a fan of USB for data transfer).

In the 2.5" SATA external enclosure realm, I like OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro Enclosure with the triple interface, I've never had a problem with them. Over time I've swapped a couple of HD's with them from my MBP and the enclosures have survived being left open during some mild to harsh conditions in Iraq, now I just wish I could find something useful in the 3.5" realm.

Thanks,

Tim Young

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have a Thermaltake USB enclosure that the drive just drops in the top and its hot swap-able. It fits both 3.5 and 2.5 drives. I'm pretty sure they have a multiple interface model too.

Reaction score
PC Independed SATA enclosure

Hello! May be it's offtopic, but anyway, Does anybody know name of company which is manufacturing PC Independed SATA enclosures (by Independed I mean which can be connected directly to the internet and work without PC, and files can be added through the network or connecting them to computer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.