Reinstalled system on a partition need help moving stuff

Reaction score
So my MBP got stuck on the blue screen before startup.After going into linux my HDD disapeared from the option menu (still was showing up in linux). Since i dont have a backup i didnt want to format all my data away i decided to partition the disk and install snowleo on it. The install went succesfully however i only have 66 Gigs where as the other has 460 Gigs and i cant boot from it so its rendered useless.All i really need is my home directory which is about 130 Gigs however i dont have suficent space to copy it. My question is what can i do? Can i copy the system folders to make the first partition bootable again? Is there a way i can resize the partition (disk utility doesnt let me) so i can shove the home directory onto the second partition?

Thanks
Ratstroke

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can resize the partition without losing data, but it's going to cost you some $$. iPartition Well worth the price, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.