Entourage Database Lost

Reaction score
I am working with someone on their Mac. For some reason when she came in this morning she could not get e-mail in Entourage 2004. Someone else helped her get connected again by creating a new profile but all of the e-mails in her On My Computer section were gone. I located the folder that her database should have been in and there were three profiles. One that she was using and two that said Main Identity with one being a backup. The database file in these was only 18 MB but I still loaded it and there was nothing in them. She was able to find e-mails doing a search but they were in /Users/username/Library/Caches/Metadata/Microsoft/Entourage/2004 which I learned are spotlight files of the first 75KB of a message. Is there anything I can do to try and recover these files for her or are they gone forever? I tried to open Time Machine but it was not setup as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.