iPad 2 - Apple Store Online

Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered my brand new iPad 2 last night, which I'm excited about! I've just got a quick question on the "estimate" delivery date. I have seen that the date it is suppose to ship is; 16th of May, and the delivery date is suppose to be; 20th May.

Considering it is only the 3rd today are them dates really right? I deliberately chosen to buy the iPad a couple of months after release to avoid any fussle with stock or what not, I'm quite a impatient bunny as you can see aha. ;D

- Would appreciate any feedback on this or your personal experiences on buying from Apple Store Online.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Considering it is only the 3rd today are them dates really right? I deliberately chosen to buy the iPad a couple of months after release to avoid any fussle with stock or what not, I'm quite a impatient bunny as you can see aha. ;D

If you've waited this long to "avoid any fussle"...what's the big deal about waiting a little more??

If you had ordered an iPad2 back when they were first released on March 2nd...you would have had it already...and been "playing" with it for almost a month!;)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
If you've waited this long to "avoid any fussle"...what's the big deal about waiting a little more??

If you had ordered an iPad2 back when they were first released on March 2nd...you would have had it already...and been "playing" with it for almost a month!;)

- Nick

I just though the mass rush for ipads would slow down, shipping out quicker. I've been waiting 2 months already, I can't stand another month!

thanks for your response. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just though the mass rush for ipads would slow down, shipping out quicker. I've been waiting 2 months already, I can't stand another month!

thanks for your response. :)

The 1939 World's Fair (or maybe it was 1964) predicted that we would be driving flying cars by now...but we're not. Just goes to show that some things just aren't predictable.;)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The rush for the iPad 2 is going to persist for awhile. Most stores (at least around here) that get them sell out almost immediately. It's going to be another couple of months or so before things settle down.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I ordered by iPad2 and cover a week ago..the cover was said to ship within 24 hours and it did from China and showed up about 2 days later at my doorstep. The iPad on the other hand has a 1-2 week ship time and is currently set to ship on May 9th and arrive on May 11th or so..and May 9th makes 2 weeks from the order time..

I, of course, am hoping that the it ships before the 9th..but that's only a week away..:)

Regards

OP
M
Reaction score
Ah gosh, I presumed that could be the worst time, but I guess when they say 2 weeks, they mean it this time.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah gosh, I presumed that could be the worst time, but I guess when they say 2 weeks, they mean it this time.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

I totally understand your feelings about wanting to avoid all the early iPad 2 fuss...and now that you've finally ordered one...that you want it ASAP!!!:)

I have ordered...and have heard of other folks ordering Apple products online...getting a shipping/delivery estimate...and items being delivered early. I know I ordered 2 iPod Touches two Christmas's ago (the two orders were 1 week apart). Both were supposed to take 5 days...one came 2 days early...and the 2nd one took the full 5 days.

So basically...anything is possible (arriving early, arriving on time, and arriving late)...although arriving late is usually pretty rare...since Apple is usually very good about delivering on time!:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
I totally understand your feelings about wanting to avoid all the early iPad 2 fuss...and now that you've finally ordered one...that you want it ASAP!!!:)

I have ordered...and have heard of other folks ordering Apple products online...getting a shipping/delivery estimate...and items being delivered early. I know I ordered 2 iPod Touches two Christmas's ago (the two orders were 1 week apart). Both were supposed to take 5 days...one came 2 days early...and the 2nd one took the full 5 days.

So basically...anything is possible (arriving early, arriving on time, and arriving late)...although arriving late is usually pretty rare...since Apple is usually very good about delivering on time!:)

- Nick

Aha, yeah!

I hope it comes asap. :)

Cheers!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wohoo..my iPad 2 shipped from China today instead of the estimated 9th..so hopefully it shows up no later than Monday..:)

Regards

Reaction score
I ordered two of them back on April 21st, a 32GB w/3G, and a 64GB w/3G and shipping is still estimated to be May 19th. So much for first come first serve.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Maybe it's because you ordered two of them? It's also possible that they may arrive early. Sooner or later, the back log will ease.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered two of them back on April 21st, a 32GB w/3G, and a 64GB w/3G and shipping is still estimated to be May 19th. So much for first come first serve.

Like chscag said...maybe it's because you ordered 2 iPads...AND maybe because they are different models.

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered the 16GB WiFi version..with these different SKU's I have to imagine that they have different build rate/inventory and will ship whatever gets built more often..

REgards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.