Strange Bluetooth Issue - Keyboard & Magic Trackpad Won't Wakeup MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I have had my Apple wireless keyboard for six months or so now, and have been a happy camper with it, but just recently I had to replace the depleted batteries, and in doing so, I also replace my Magic Trackpad batteries too.

Now upon switching on both devices, I have noticed whenever my MacBook goes to sleep, I simply cannot use either bluetooth devices to wake it up.

I thought ok, must me a setting that had reverted back to default. Sadly when I found the setting I needed, its greyed out, and not allowing me to tick it. See screen below.

5682995723_ebe1007345_b.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how to get this option to allow bluetooth devices to wake up my sleeping MBP?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, as this is driving me nuts.

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Ok, I found the issue. I noticed that the option to turn my bluetooth off was missing, so shut MBP down for a few minutes, and fired it back up, then I found both the option to switch bluetooth off, and the option to set BT devices to wake Mac up available again.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else faces this odd issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Its the first tme I have experienced this kind of thing, and is something I only expected to happen with a windows machine lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.