Help! Building an app from a simple Quartz composition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
OK. Disclaimer first.

I have NO programming background. None. My background is in electronic music production. So I'm sure of the following:
a/ This is not hard
b/ I am using incorrect terms.

For artschool we had to nominate a thing we had never done before and create some kind of artwork/installation. I am interested in "user activated spaces", looked into CCV and Processing and thought, I have no way in the time given (4 weeks) to learn enough about coding to make anything even halfway decent.

Someone suggested Quartz composer, and after doing all the online tutorials I could find, I managed to make a very simple sound reactive webcam fed image.

Now, I could quite happily run it off my laptop to an external monitor and I'm sure that would be fine, but, if I really wanted it to pop, I thought I could build a standalone app.

( I followed the step by step in making an app from a "mouse following particle effect" video. It worked)

Now my Quartz composition has an animation in it as a layer. (.mov). When I built the app, two things happened when I tested it on another computer.

1. The app only took up a bit of the screen, presumably make a bigger window in interface builder.

2. The animation layer was missing, I presume Quartz references the file in the project folder and it somehow needs to be "packaged" as part of the app. I have no idea how to do this.

Sorry for the rambling post, but I'm sure the answer is easy for someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.