Connecting MBP to HDTV via Xbox, mac mini

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.7, as well as an oldish Mac Mini, running an older version of OSX. I also have a new model Xbox 360S, the one with built in wifi and in-body hard drive.

I want to know if there is a way for me to use my HDTV as a WIRELESS second monitor, either using the macMini or the Xbox.

I know that I can watch media on my hard drive through Vuze connecting to the xbox, but I would like to be able to use my TV in the same way that I have been by hooking it up to miniDV to HDMI cable, as fully independent 2nd monitor.

Any help? Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not really. You could do it if you wanted wireless, or a 2nd screen. Not both.

OP
J
Reaction score
Not really. You could do it if you wanted wireless, or a 2nd screen. Not both.

What do you mean?
I've heard there is a way to broadcast your laptop to a macmini connected to a monitor. If i had the TV hooked up to the mini as the monitor could that work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You would still get the main display from your laptop, not a secondary display. So you'd be seeing 2 identical screen.

OP
J
Reaction score
I see what you mean. There's no way to use the display settings or spaces to make it side by side instead of mirrored? Any suggestions on anyway to get the HDTV set as second monitor wirelessly, even if it requires some different hardware?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only way you're going to be able to get a 2nd display from your laptop with current technology is going to require a cable from your video out port, or with something like DisplayPad and an iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.