New Mac user, reinstalling screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm glad to be finally apart of the Mac community. I recently bought a Macbook Pro off of a friend that was about to travel over seas.

It's a mid 2010 with 2.66mhz and a 500hd. I'm not really sure how to pull up the other specs.

Well this is my issue and realized I screwed up after it was late.
I saw that the Macbook had some of his information still on it, and while playing around and getting the better feel for a Mac, I really wanted to get everything back into Factory settings.

So I downloaded the retail copy of Snow Leopard OSX 10.6 and used the Disk Utilities to burn the .dmg onto a DVD.

When I put it in I started to reinstall the OSX 10.6, but when it came to the end where it said I needed to turn restart the Macbook, I would shut it down by holding the power button, but when I press it again it would show the Apple logo show that it's loading but then tell me I would need to restart again. Then it's that same continuous screen. Plus my CD is stuck inside the drive I don't know how to eject it from this point.

I would appreciate any and all help guys. I wanna go back to enjoying my Mac, it sucks working on my PC again, just got the hang of using command for everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Well, since it seems pretty obvious that you don't have an official version of OS X, that could be an issue, but it sounds like it didn't install properly.

Reaction score
It sounds like the installation did not complete properly. If you willing to spend $30 then pickup a genuine Snow Leopard disk at your local Best Buy or Apple store.
You'll have to run some updates cause it's not the latest disk, but youll have a genuine disk then.

Mac OS X v10.6.3 Snow Leopard - Mac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So I downloaded the retail copy of Snow Leopard OSX 10.6 and used the Disk Utilities to burn the .dmg onto a DVD.

Sorry, no help for illegal copies of OS X or any other software. Discussion is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.