Problem with Powermac G5 10.4.11

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Powermac G5 with 10.4.11 installed. Im currently having problems with the new java update 1.6.0_13. It says that it should already be in the system update and the system is currently up to date but no java. When i tired manually downloading it, it said that it wasnt available for my operating system. I trade using scottrade and use streaming quotes but after the new java update i can no longer use it. I just took it into the place i bought it from and they guy apparently has no idea about macs and cannot solve the problem. Im about to take it back but im hoping there is a resolution to my problem. Im willing to update my software but i Have no idea what i need to bring my g5 up-to-date. Thanks and I hope someone can help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OS 10.5 "Leopard" is the most up to date OS for Powermac G5's (actually 10.5.8)...but an OS install disk will cost you $100-$125.

With OS 10.5.8 you will have the latest (and last) OS version available for a G5 Powermac...and if your trading with ScottTrade doesn't work with OS 10.5.8 (maybe check with ScottTrade what Mac OS they support)...then nothing will.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
i have problem to....

a fresh install and start from 10.4.4 next upgrade to 10.4.5 followed by 10.4.7 and here it stops.

when try install 10.4.11 update if ends up with "installed with some errors" msg and gives option to restart.. then master freeze so i had to reinstall mac osX tiger.

help, help, help...

this is my mac...

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
lukavivid boot from your Tiger disk, you do have one we trust, and run Repair Disk and see what is reported. If all is well then download the Tiger combo updater which I think referred you to earlier.

Reaction score
lukavivid boot from your Tiger disk, you do have one we trust, and run Repair Disk and see what is reported. If all is well then download the Tiger combo updater which I think referred you to earlier.

thnx.

but i had to re-install the 10.4.4 and upgrade 1 by 1 like (10.4.5, 10.4.6,... up to 10.4.9)

now it keeps booting in darwin... cant go to os x..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.