iCal

Reaction score
Hi

can anyone tell me how to transfer my ical entries from my imac g5 to my ibook notebook?

I've connected the 2 with firewire and opened migration assistant. Restarted the g5 while holding 'T' down and got the firewire symbol on the g5 and it's hard-drive up on the ibook but from here i'm stuck. I would also like to transfer email contacts from Entourage and my bookmarks

Can anyone help me?

Regards
Raff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It's as easy as clicking your Help Menu and selecting iCal Help:

Exporting and importing iCal information
If you want to move a copy of all the events on one calendar to a calendar on another computer, you can export the calendar information, and then import it into iCal on the other computer. You might want to do this if you want to archive a calendar or if you want to edit the calendar on another computer.

To transfer calendar information between computers, do one of the following:

To export the events on a calendar, select the calendar in the Calendars list, and then choose File > Export. The events are exported as a “.ics” file.

To import calendar events, choose File > Import, locate the calendar (.ics file) you want to import, and then choose the calendar you want to add the events to. You can also drag a .ics file from your desktop to iCal.

You can also create a backup copy of your calendars by choosing File > “Back up iCal.”

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks, knew it had to be simple, but i am simple too!

Regards
Raff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.