iPhone 3GS Tether To iPad 2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB
Hello,

I have just bought a Wi-Fi only iPad 2 and cannot upgrade to a iPhone 4 until October, Is there anyway that I can tether to my iPad 2 from my 3GS?

Please let me know ASAP!

Cheers,

Matt;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Jailbeak the iphone is the only option, or you could do the early upgrade if possible but it sounds like you can't. By the time you can get the 4 the 5 (or whatever they call it will be out.)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB
Hi,

I am supposed to have an upgrade in January October is the earliest! Shame! My Dad offered me his unlimited tethering package! I do not want to jailbreak my iPhone

Reaction score
I would just jailbreal it. I jail break specifically to tether using "Miwi-Fi." In my opinion its the greates app ever. But it thats also because it serves my need. I already have unlimited minutes/data/texting. Why should I pay anymore to tether to my I pad, or any other device for that matter!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Hi,

I am supposed to have an upgrade in January October is the earliest! Shame! My Dad offered me his unlimited tethering package! I do not want to jailbreak my iPhone
Is there a reason you don't want to jailbreak it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 2 16GB WiFi (White), MacBook Pro, iPhone 3GS 16GB (White), iPod Nano (Orange), [MacBook]
Hey, I'm in a similar position. I have an iPhone 3GS (due to upgrade in Oct) and an iPad 2 Wifi arriving in a few days.

My iPhone IS jailbroken. I have the MyWi app, but it doesn't work because I don't have a Rock ID (and sign up is closed or not working), so I can't use the app. Any alternatives?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Have you paid for the MyWi app, or did you just download it for the free trial?

If the free trial is over, then you need to pay the $20 to continue using it (worth the money). I never had a Rock ID, but I still have a paid for version of MyWi that works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 2 16GB WiFi (White), MacBook Pro, iPhone 3GS 16GB (White), iPod Nano (Orange), [MacBook]
I have had a cracked version of MyWi for ages (never used it), when I go on it asks for my Rock ID. I don't want to buy it for £20 and then not be able to get on because I don't have a Rock ID.

Tommy - The problem is I wasn't using Rock...

Had some problems over the weekend with my iPhone anyway trying to install PDANet (an alternative) and it was a disaster, got stuck and wouldn't even go into DFU mode for days, so I'm not sure if it will even have any apps on or be jailbroken after the restore...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Rock was bought out by Cydia. If you purchased any apps with a Rock ID, Cydia has an option to "Associate Rock ID" with your Cydia account. All your purchases will transfer over. If you didn't actually purchase and want to test out MyWi, then redownload it from Cydia. You'll be able to try it out for a few days before purchase.

Another option available via Cydia which is a whole lot cheaper is TetherMe, which now includes a WiFi tether option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.