Safari sometimes not opening internet pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13", 2.0 i7, 8GB, Intel HD 4000 512MB, 250GB, 10.8.3
Hi!

Sometimes when I try to open certain pages (and it doesn't matter which, they always change) Safari can't open them and writes that:

"Safari can’t open the page “Welcome to the Apple Store - Apple Store (U.S.) because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again."

However, when I open the same page with another browser (say Firefox or Chrome), it opens perfectly. Then, once the page opened fine in another browser I go back to try with Safari and still it doesn't open.

Anyone know why this happens and / or how to stop it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you post the URLs to those pages which are giving you a problem? I'll test them from here with Safari and other browsers. It could be a DNS issue but since FF can open the pages and Safari is having difficulty, it's unlikely DNS is causing it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13", 2.0 i7, 8GB, Intel HD 4000 512MB, 250GB, 10.8.3
it's random pages...however the one that pops up most often is Apple store site. May-be it's picture heavy and my connections isn't the best here, but still doesn't explain why one browser opens the page and the other doesn't...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It does sound like a connection problem as you suspect. The Apple store opens for me regardless of which browser I'm using. The only sites that I've had trouble with from here are those that insist on Internet Explorer for browser access.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.