Help!

Reaction score
So I ordered a new iPad2 (white 32GB Wifi 3G) last week. I was out of town when it was delivered to my house, so my roomies took it inside and put it in my room. Well they also threw some house party, and a bunch of our stuff got stolen, including the iPad and some jewelry and other small expensive things. Hoping we find this guy/gal. But if not, I was wondering is there ANY way I can get this iPad tracked by ANYBODY (police, apple, ANYONE!) even with it never being turned on or used. It was still in its shipping box, and still packed up in the iPad box sealed and never used.

Is there any way this can be tracked for me once turned on??? Please help this sucks!!:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Not really. The only option is "Find my iPad" using MobileMe, but that has to be setup by you to work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's one reason why I always recommend buying "renter's insurance" especially if you have room mates. Renter's insurance is usually very inexpensive and would have covered the loss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
ouch! sucks man so sorry to hear that

i'm glad i'm so past the roommate thing...

someone must know someone who was at the party...i wouldnt rest till you get to the bottom of it

good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.