Best and most protective case for the iPhone 4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Other than the Otter, which takes a jackhammer and explosives to get into, what are some other protective cases for the iPhone 4? I'd like something with a belt loop instead of just a clip which can slide off the belt when you're sitting down. There's not much of a selection around my town. TIA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Griffin Tech has a case, I think it's called the Survivor that is supposed to be similar to the Otterbox. Never seen one though.

Reaction score
The griffin survivor is better than the otter in every way...I own both!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Most ultimate protection cases completely cover everything, including the buttons and ports to help keep debris out of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Well i have the iballz minis they do not fit well but they are very drop resistant. I have the otterbox and it works really well i went on a class trip to new york and dropped it in a puddle. it sat in the water for about 15 seconds before i got back to it and all of the senors were good and every thing worked. i just truned it off and let it dry for the rest of the day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.26GHz; iPod Touch; iPhone 4 (Verizon)
I have the Griffin Survivor, and agree it's pretty much bomb proof. However, the hard shell case is just close enough to the audio jack port that any standard size 1/8" audio jack does not fit. Only the thin Apple-type audio jacks will fit. It's kind of annoying to take the case off every time I want to listen to my iPhone using a standard audio jack cable.

Also, the case is bulky, which adds to the protection. It can be quite large in your pocket.

I live a pretty active lifestyle in a somewhat rugged mountain town, so this case will probably stay on my phone for it's life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.53GHz Mid 2009, 4GB DDR3 1066MHz, 1TB WD Scorpio Blue 5200 RPM, OS X 10.6.7
I have both the Otterbox Defender and the Commuter. The Defender is too bulky and the Commuter leaves too much exposed. I also have an Incipio Bombproof.It's a bit clunky but it take serious impact and grips great. I also have too many cases, but those are the best for impact.

Reaction score
I'm particular to the bumper. But it seems as if you're looking for a full case. Bumper looks simple and clean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.53GHz Mid 2009, 4GB DDR3 1066MHz, 1TB WD Scorpio Blue 5200 RPM, OS X 10.6.7
I like the bumper as well, but there are situations I know I'll be in that need more protection than it can provide me (i.e.: having a few too many drinks and being a butter fingers).

Reaction score
Roots makes a rubber case and belt clip holster combo. I was going to buy one but opted for the double the price Otterbox Defender with belt clip holster combo. I think it is much more durable and worth the price. Makes the iPhone 4 feel more substantial. I like the fact that it is very unlikely to be damaged. Just for the record, like all my devices, my iPhone 4 has the Zagg InvisibleShield full body protection also. I guess I have more money than brains - wish my bank account agreed with it though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Eyn products makes a great case! Compact and hold I'd credit cards and room for bills! Really nice'

Reaction score
My wife got the Vapor Comp in red and I got the Vapor Pro white edition. The Comp packaging is like you would see on an accessory hanger at the store while the Pro came in a nice box with a carrying case as well.

My first impression is that they really look nice and they are pretty light. The quality seems to be there. The Vapor Comp fits perfectly, but the Vapor Pro was a little snug. The Comp came with a silver blackish screwdriver and the Pro came with a silver screw driver. The screws on the Comp are shorter and wider, while the screws on the Pro are longer and thinner so the screw drivers are not interchangeable. There is no obvious sign of signal or GPS lost on either case on the iPhone 4 or 4s.

I decided not to use the back covers or the clear front ones, since I feel that it takes away from the design of the iPhone. My only issue is that the Vapor Pro makes the phone a little wider to grip so that is something to get used too.

Now for the pictures. My wife is the black iPhone 4 and mine is the white iPhone 4s.

Vapor Comp in red
2011-12-16_185059_PAS_7335.jpg

2011-12-16_185149_PAS_7338.jpg

2011-12-16_194630_DSC_7406.jpg

2011-12-16_194753_DSC_7410.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core i5 iPhone 4s iPad the 3rd
Check out the lifeproof case (fully waterproof!). All the reviews I've read/seen don't have anything seriously bad to say for this type of case.

Reaction score
Griffin Survivor Case

Griffin Tech has a case, I think it's called the Survivor that is supposed to be similar to the Otterbox. Never seen one though.

I have the griffin survivor case for my iphone 4 in the green, the only draw back is when I want to take a picture, I have to hold the camera flap out of the way. Other than that, it is a good case.

Reaction score
The best protection for the iPhone is responsibility. Get the bumper and be careful with the phone at all times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The best protection for the iPhone is responsibility. Get the bumper and be careful with the phone at all times.

I suppose this is true, but I'm a cyclist, mountain biker, hiker, backpacker, and haul photo gear all over the place. I still need to carry my phone. I use a lifeproof case, it works exactly as advertised.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Man, wish I had seen that Lifeproof case before today. Buddy gave me his iPhone 4 so I'm back in the iPhone game after having dealt with a 6 year old flip phone for more than a month, because I smashed my EVO.. I ordered the Griffin the other day and should get it today from Amazon. $20 though, so can't complain, and I have the Griffin for our iPad2 which I love.

Still, that Lifeproof case seems so svelt!

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.