• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Image spotted on Apple's website hints at iWork '11

Reaction score
Image spotted on Apple's website hints at iWork '11

iwork11-hint5211.jpg

A small misstep by Apple in a MacBook Air image hints at the rumored iWork 11 suite. Located directly above the iPhoto image in the right sidebar is a reference to the rumored productivity suite. Rumors coming fast and furious last year pointed to a January launch of the iWork 11 applications along with the Mac App Store. While the OS X App Store debuted on time, the suite of applications which include Pages '11, Numbers '11 and Keynote '11 did not materialize.

This above image does not guarantee iWork '11 will appear in the immediate future. In fact, we have seen this shot briefly before in the early days of the Mac App Store, but Apple is now re-purposing it for use with the MacBook Air. Of course, it could be an oversight by Apple, but we're hoping it suggests the productivity suite is still on Apple's radar. Fingers-crossed it will get some love at WWDC.

Thanks, @Helveticats.

Image spotted on Apple's website hints at iWork '11 originally appeared on TUAW on Mon, 02 May 2011 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I hope it's coming soon. Seriously it's over due.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Very interesting observation on the image

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Agreed. It needs to be updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)
I have a quick App store question. If I were to purchase the iWork 09 suite, would I get a free update to iWork 11?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
This isn't new. Pretty sure the same image was out when the Mac App Store first opened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)
I have a quick App store question. If I were to purchase the iWork 09 suite, would I get a free update to iWork 11?

Hello class, Buehler Buehler?

Reaction score
So far, from what I've noticed, most updates through the Mac App Store are free. I doubt that it will apply (at least in a direct way) if you were to purchase '09 tomorrow; it's far more likely that they'd send you a promotional code or something of that sort.

I'm really excited for this; as much as I love the other built-in applications, Pages (especially) needs an update. There are some things that just feel like 1999 stuff-having to dismiss the rulers every time I open a new document, not being able to set the default font in an easy way, etc.

I was even (gasp) considering getting Word. I ended up settling on Byword for all of my personal writing and just using Pages for school-related stuff, but still. It's the thought that counts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I would like to get 11 cause i think that it would be better. but i thought that it was different years then office for mac and windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3,
I'm interested in trying out iWork 11. I'm refraining from purchasing 09 because I think this will drop soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I hope they stuff iWork 11 with more themes. That's the one thing I really feel is lacking, there aren't enough diverse themes to choose from. The third party themes are also very lacking.

Reaction score
iWork suite

There have been lots of rumors about an update to the IWork suite. However, nothing official has come from Apple. Further, the IOS versions of the IWork suite are not fully compatible with the MAC version. Yes, you can experience immediate sync in IOS versions but that version can be difficult to handle when the document is rather long (Pages) or complex calculations (Numbers). It appears the focus, now, is upon making the IOS and MAC versions work together through ICloud. IF that happens, then IClound will be a real challenge to Dropbox, which does offer that capability, subject to a limitation - you must upload the document to Dropbox and then download it to your IOS device (and vice versa). IWork 09 is an acceptable suite. Pages is not simpler to handle than MS Word but Excel is far superior to Numbers. Have no comment about Keynote v Power Point since I do not use that application. The bottom line, depending upon your need, you may want to have both suites available and use the application that meets the need of your project. Waiting on a new IWork suite may be a long...long...long wait

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There really isn't much choice is there? You will not likely see MS Office for iOS now that MS has announced an ARM version for their upcoming tablet. However, there are several good apps that can handle MS Office docs in iOS. But you do need Dropbox or something else (Sugarsync, SkyDrive).

You might want to give "Office2 HD", $7.99, a try from the iTunes App store.

C

chas_m

Hey you guys, thanks for waking up this dead thread from last year! Couple of points:

Of course Apple DID update iWork in July of 2011, just not what we were expecting -- a minor (free) update rather than a major (paid) update.

I do suspect we'll get a big update to the iWork apps later this year when Documents in the Cloud is implemented fully (iOS 6 timeframe).

As for Microsoft Office for iPad, don't worry chscag -- it's coming! Microsoft may be dumb, but they're not stupid. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As for Microsoft Office for iPad, don't worry chscag -- it's coming! Microsoft may be dumb, but they're not stupid.

Thanks chas but I have to accept that with tongue in cheek. Steve Ballmer is not the sharpest guy around. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.