DIY replacement 2g screen ?

Reaction score
Upgraded to a 4 so my old Iphone is going onto Gumtree ! It was replaced last year so other than a screen issue it now has..... is 100% perfect. No dents and not a single mark on the back.

Now, should i sell it as it is? the screen has 2 scratches right at the very bottom of the screen (Fresh cut keys in pocket..!) and small patches of what i would describe as "wonky Pixels" ! the rest of the screen is great.
Now i know the screen is made up of 2 x layers??? and both of these are not expensive to buy on ebay etc. Fitting looks very easy !

Is it worth me doing this first or just letting it go?
And will the first layer of the screen kits cure the "pixel" issues ?

many thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Depends on how much it cost to replace the screen. The last time I checked it was around 200 dollars. >_>"

OP
M
Reaction score
DIY its about $50 complete with all i need. The screen is pre assembled with glass etc so its 5 min job.

I have just offered it for sale as it is on Gumtree and getting many people interested . I can still use phone just small patches of pixels corrupted .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.