Help?? how to disable the service on IMAC 10.6 using command line???

Reaction score
Hello and Hi,

Plz..... Can any one help me to disable/enable the service like pen drive access, bluetooth, wireless, audio, etc., with out deleting or moving the extention files from the path system\library\extentions.

I tried by deleting the extention files and I am succeded in that. But to roll back or enable the services again I need to update or reinstall the OS which anyone can help me with out reinstalling the OS.

Instead of deleting the .keyt files plz help me with any command based commands to disable/enable the following serives which is mentioned above..
or is there any other means to disable or enable the service, plz mention your options.... Plz help me......

Thanks and Regards
Siva Prasad E.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I tried by deleting the extention files and I am succeded in that. But to roll back or enable the services again I need to update or reinstall the OS which anyone can help me with out reinstalling the OS.

Unless you have a backup (Time Machine or otherwise) the only way to reinstate those extensions is to reinstall OS X.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for that suggestion,
but I already know that
I am asking for another alternative to start or stop the service like in windows

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this hint: LINK I don't know if it will work for you though. But give it a try anyway.

OP
S
Reaction score
Can you modify command to stop and start the audio services for an example, so that it is very help ful for me. That we have to stop the Extentions which in the default location

\system\library\extentions\...

Give an example command to start/stop is the above mentioned path

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.