HP, Macbook Pro printer problem

Reaction score
When I try to print from my wireless HP Photosmart Plus B210A, my new Macbook (OSX 10.6.7) tells me the job is 2 percent complete and then that it's unable to connect to the printer. Often, there will be a delay of several hours and then all of a sudden the document will print, usually after I've turned the printer on and off a few times.

i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software several times at HP's direction. When I do a test of the wireless network it always shows everything is fine. (And it will print that report without delay, strangely enough).

I'm not sure what else to try. Anyone suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Check your settings in the printer each time you turn it on and off it forces it to obtain an
ip also make sure you do not have anything that would give you interference nearby
like a microwave or 2.4 cordless phone.

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. In my case though, I'm running from imac with osx 10.6.7 and I cannot print to my HP plotter on my office network. I'm able to setup the printer and I have all the correct drivers installed, and my printer que shows progress with spooling but nothing prints. Also, the printer itself will say it is receiving and then nothing happens and it it goes back to ready status. Even further, my server doesn't register any job that I send in its que for that printer! I feel like I've tried every variation of sharing, connecting to the printer's IP, through automatic discovery, downloading latest drivers, using apple preloaded drivers and nothing. This seems to be the only printer. I need help too!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.