MacBook Pro would not connect to belkin wireless router

Reaction score
hey guys. I am having trouble with my internet. My MacBook Pro seems to be connected with Belkin wireless router, but the internet would not work. We recently changed the router so its pretty new, and it used to work on my HP laptop. Although there were some problems, it still worked. But now, the internet works and stops suddenly, and then works again.
I would love to hear some suggestions to get rid of this.
Thanks
Kiran

OP
K
Reaction score
our router has a password on it. So i think it is pretty safe. May be i need to make some changes to my macbook. But i am not sure how to. I tried going to the airport utility, but it would not scan my belkin wirreless router.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Airport Utility is only for Apple Routers like the Airport Extreme and express.

What model Belkin is your router? What WiFi Security are you using? WEP? WPA? WPA2?

OP
K
Reaction score
Belkin_N_Wireless_1FD71F.. it is a N wireless router. I am not sure about WPA thing.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you sure on the model? That does not show up on the belkin page or even in google. Trying to get the manual so I can ask you a few questions.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok found it. I have ran into friends that had the lower priced Belkins like that and they had a lot of disconnect issues. I am not saying for sure it's the router, but that is what I have ran into in the past.

Also for the fun of it, try changing from WPA2 to WPA.

Are you saying it connects then later drops then reconnects? Also is that Belkin updated to the latest Firmware? I found a few people saying the newer Firmware helped with their issues.

OP
K
Reaction score
yea it says its connected to the router but the internet wont work. I dont think we have updated to firmware

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.