Operating System Issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Late 2009 3.06GHz Intel Dual Core 8GB RAM ATI Radeon 4670 HD
It seems that my mac OS is highlighting buttons when prompted to shut down or sleep, and even my WoW launcher button is highlighted for no reason. I can provide screenshots.

P.S. The highlighting does not affect my navigation at all. If I hit enter, it will not press the highlighted button. The highlight is a light blue outline, similar to what I see when I type in the message box, not a solid fill-in dark blue.

Maybe I didn't clarify myself: I want the outline gone, it somewhat annoys me.

WoW Launcher.png

Shut Down.jpg

C

chas_m

You have turned on Mouse Keys in Universal Access in your System Preferences. Just turn it back off (and blame the cat).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't know about the WoW window, but the 2nd one looks normal to me. Mine has always looked like that and I do not have mouse keys (or anything else in Universal Access) turned on.

Using the tab key will move that highlight around the button back and forth between the options and hitting the Space bar (not the Enter key, which does seem odd to me) will select the option that's highlighted.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Late 2009 3.06GHz Intel Dual Core 8GB RAM ATI Radeon 4670 HD
Thanks, for some reason I had it appear on me out of nowhere, and never had it before. I guess I'll get over my OCD for having unintended things appear on my screen gone. Appreciate the help. I do not have mouse keys on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.