Problem while installing wine

Reaction score
Hi! this is my first post here. just got a macbook pro and still adjusting since i used to be a windows user.

anyway, i was referred to this site by a friend. its a step by step procedure on how to install wine.

after i finished Step 3 in PART 2: Configure MacPorts and attempting to perform PART 3: Install Wine Using MacPorts, I am getting this message: "-bash: sudo: command not found".

I also tried the "ls" command, also a similar message: "-bash: ls: command not found".

please please help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's take a breather here.... What exactly do you intend to run under WINE? The reason I ask is that while WINE is free, it's not the best solution for running Windows apps on your Mac.

If you can give us some idea of what you're going to use it for, perhaps we can offer some better solutions. For example: Have you thought about utilizing virtual software to run Windows from your Mac? Or for that matter, installing Windows using Boot Camp?

OP
D
Reaction score
@chscag - thanks for the response!
what i want to run on my mac is the app that allow the scroll function of my marble mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
@chscag - thanks for the response!
what i want to run on my mac is the app that allow the scroll function of my marble mouse.

Try SteerMouse TOP instead. It works with a great number of mice, and I have my Logitech G700 (11 buttons) all mapped out for different things using the profiles.

OP
D
Reaction score
fixed it with
$ export PATH = $PATH:/bin:/sbin:/opt

before, $ echo $PATH is:
opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:nexport

after doing $ export PATH = $PATH:/bin:/sbin:/opt
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:nexport:/bin:/sbin:/opt

it just appended on the last part.

but the ls works now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.