Holly Cow what is this?

Reaction score
I did a clean install yesterday because of problems, things were slow, and clicking things wasn't working right. I did a permission repair and came up with this (check the attachment) No idea where it came from So I figured it must of came via email thats another reason for the reinstall but I just noticed it's back!!!
MAT****ADVD-R UJ-825 ? What the heck! Someone have a clue please? If you read close you'll see it has to be a prank of some sort. And the slowness is back plus mouse is acting strange again. i think it all may have started when I did the update of tiger the other day
the **** is poop in another spelling i guess it will not display it

DVD.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That would be your CD/DVD Drive made by the company Matsushi.ta (which you might know as Panasonic - read the blurb here)

You have a disk in the drive, which is also a volume and so shows up under disk utility.
False alarm, it's perfectly normal for your Drive to show up if you have a disk inserted.
TeeHeehee.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Oh for crying out load! Finder had it hidden, My son put a cd in there lastnight..I had no idea..... DOH! THAT name threw me way off!....But I'm still having issue with performance for some reason mouse keeps hanging(cusor) and the beach ball as never been so busy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hehe - kids ;)
Rookie mistake - losing your touch there iNAP? :) Just kidding...

Ran the usual maintenance tools? (OnyX has a nice automation feature to run them at certain times)
Tried a reboot?
Have you installed additional RAM recently?
Is there another user account active? Possibly your son's that has a ton of stuff running?;)
Installed any new apps?
Got a ton of Dashboard widgets open?
Connected to any servers?

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
good point, He is logged in, I'll bet he has tons of songs up. kids, is right! ;) Time to administrate his butt! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hehe, don't be too hard on the little tyke.

Let us know if that clears up your problem!

And consider getting sonny-jim an iBook for christmas if he's old enough and diggin' the mac.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
lol he's old enough to buy his own lol ...still having strange things happen though I am in the middle of clearing a few pictures downloaded off the web a few can not be read. I suggest if you guys share your comp, check up often on the accounts.Especially if kids are using it.(they are not touching my others)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.