3 Aperture ?'s

Reaction score
1.) Is there a way I can create a keyboard shortcut to assign a picture to a specific album. Photography is a big hobby of mine and I keep an album called Portfolio so I have quick and easy access to show off every good picture I have taken. When editing batches and going through hundreds of photos at a time I routinely drag photos to this album... If anyone can help me create a simple short cut (say command p) that would automatically place the selected photo in that album I would really appreciate it.

2.) I have a 13" white macbook from 2008, Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 4gb of ram, integrated graphics, Snow Leopard ... While working with raw photos the fan (based on sound) seems to be running at 2/3 of maximum speed (fairly loud) and the system routinely becomes laggy ... is this bad software, processor weakness, or the lack of discrete graphics?

oh yeah its only two questions but I cannot change the title :p

Thanks for any and all help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
2.) I have a 13" white macbook from 2008, Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 4gb of ram, integrated graphics, Snow Leopard ... While working with raw photos the fan (based on sound) seems to be running at 2/3 of maximum speed (fairly loud) and the system routinely becomes laggy ... is this bad software, processor weakness, or the lack of discrete graphics?

It's normal. Working with raw photos requires a great deal of GPU usage, and since your machine has an integrated chipset, it borrows memory from the system. An integrated GPU will always work harder doing the same thing a discrete GPU can do with less effort. The fan speeds up to keep the CPU temperature down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.