Need help deciding on a macbook pro

A-j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro
Hi,

I am looking into geting a macbook Pro to run the Adobe CS5 Suite (the master suite). Well it is for my girlfreind as she is going to be doing a graphic design course which will be needing the CS5 suite. So what i am trying to find out is what type of macbook pro she will most likely need. The school she is attending requires her to have a mac. She is on a bit of a budget and would just like to know which one will be good for her. As she went into the apple store and they recommended a laptop that was quite expensive. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Any of the current range of Macs can run the CS5 suite easily.

If you want to save a bit of money, the 2009 - 2010 Macbook Pros & iMacs also run CS5 adequately, and can be found at slightly lower prices.

unfortunately for you (and good for us owners!) Macs have a high re-sale value, so your gonna have to search for a bargain.

OP
A

A-j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro
so the macbook pro 13' with i5 processor would be fine to run it on? it wouldn't crash would it? (the guy in the apple store said it would make it crash running cs5 on it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
It would be fine. I am on a 13inch MacBook pro right now with the i5 and I have the whole suite on here. I use photoshop and dreamweaver regularly. It does fine, even better than fine, it runs like a champ.

The MacBook would also do fine but it is near the end of its lifecycle so it would probably be worth the $200 to get the pro with the i5. Plus you get the beautiful aluminum.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
so the macbook pro 13' with i5 processor would be fine to run it on? it wouldn't crash would it? (the guy in the apple store said it would make it crash running cs5 on it)

well the guy in the apple store is an idiot then. you will find a lot of people running CS5 perfectly on here (including me) with less capable processors than the i5's. i have a core 2 duo (kinda like 2-3 steps down from an i5) and it runs perfectly.

stuff like photoshop is more intensive on RAM than the CPU anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.