Red Light Headphone Jack - - Near Fix, but not quite there!

Reaction score
So I'm having the audio out/red light problem with my MacBook Pro. I've read a fair ammount about the issue, watched all the you tube videos, tried paperclips, Q-Tips, and safety pins. What's really frustrating me is that I can consistently press a spot and cause the light to go out - yet most of the time the audio still doesn't come on regardless. I've managed to get the onboard speakers back on twice - and it was only for a split second.

What am I doing wrong!!!?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might not be doing anything wrong. Sometimes the inner part of the jack (where the switch is) is worn or damaged and will not remain in the audio position but keeps reverting to digital. The only cure for that unfortunately is to take it on in to Apple. If the machine is still under warranty or extended Apple care, they'll fix it for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.