Help me make it happen (13inch MacBook Pro HD)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
So the 13inch MBA has a 1440x900 screen. I want it in my 13inch MBP. Most macbook screens can be found on ebay for around 100bucks but I cant find one of these. (They have the 11s though) :-(.

I have found some others listed online for 500 (and some for 100 but all out of stock, I asume they are but bsing me). If anyone can find one of these for a reasonable price (sub 200) that would be awesome.

Also I am not sure of the positioning of the connector and if it is even the same connector as on the MBP. If anyone works with replacing these I would love some pics to try to get it worked out. I think the model number is LP133WP1 (TJ) (A1).

Thanks. Give me your thoughts. But dont tell me "I dont advise trying to do this" unless you know for good reason that it cant be done.

EDIT: Also I do know that the connector on the logic board is on the other side of the computer but I am more concerned with the connector on the display.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Check out iFixit.com. They have both DIY assembly/disassembly instructions (with lots of photos)...and they sell parts (with part #'s & photos).

Maybe you can get a better idea of "fit" and "doability" from the info there.

Good luck,:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unfortunately they dont have the part and their guides dont go beyond replacing the whole display assembly.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately they dont have the part and their guides dont go beyond replacing the whole display assembly.

That's most likely due to the fact that display is sealed - the screen is generally replaced with the lid assembly. From what I understand, the glass panel is glued to the lid assembly, making it nearly impossible to separate without breaking the glass.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's most likely due to the fact that display is sealed - the screen is generally replaced with the lid assembly. From what I understand, the glass panel is glued to the lid assembly, making it nearly impossible to separate without breaking the glass.

Possibly... I know it was possible on the old ones cause I did it but I havent inspected the new ones closely.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Possibly... I know it was possible on the old ones cause I did it but I havent inspected the new ones closely.

From what I'm seeing in the service manual, this is true of all the Unibody models with the glass overlay.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From what I'm seeing in the service manual, this is true of all the Unibody models with the glass overlay.

I know you can switch out the LCDs in the unibody with glass. It is not apple sanctioned and they just replace the whole display assembly but it is possible not not very hard to do with out breaking the glass.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.