Possible switcher HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20'' 2.0GHz 2gb Ram 400gb HDD
Would really appreciate any help with this!

Recently the office I work at just switched to mac mini's, a friend of mine uses a pc at home but wanted to make the switch to a mac mini, but he has a few requirements, he asked me but as i am a complete novice at the moment i told him i'd find out for him, so... He has 3 main requirements,

1.He needs to be able to run microsoft office on his new mac
2.He has to be able to run Sage Accounting software on his new mac
3.His daughter has LOADS'S of games that she plays on the pc at the moment, some of which say PC/MAC, some don,t.

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
1. It will run you just need to purchase the mac version
2. From what I see on their site it is solely on PC's
3. The ones that don't say PC/MAC will most likely not work, only the PC/Mac

H

Harryc

1.He needs to be able to run microsoft office on his new mac
This is not a problem with MS Office for Mac
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office2004/office2004.aspx?pid=office2004

2.He has to be able to run Sage Accounting software on his new mac
Windows only

3.His daughter has LOADS'S of games that she plays on the pc at the moment, some of which say PC/MAC, some don,t.
Generally speaking, those games marked as Windows/PC only are just that, but there are many games that are Mac compatible

It sounds like his household is a perfect candidate for (2) machines. Just keep the daughters PC and get a Mini.

E

Ex_PC_Puke

What the others said ----- but - some of those games are most likley not written for OS X - but for the older Mac OS's ---- would force them to run in "classic" mode ---- something I've never done :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.