BootCamp on Win 7 - unfunctional drivers

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've MacBook Pro 15" (2010 model - i7 2.66, GF GT 330M). I would need to have Windows on PC but I have less problems with drivers on bootcamp. At first I made updates for Mac - OS X 10.6.7, then I turned on the BootCamp Assistant and split it into two discs, triggered installation of Windows Professional x64 7. Everything done without any problems. Immediately after installation, I installed from Mac OS X Install DVD the required drivers for Windows on a Mac - specifically BootCamp 3.1 and then immediately after that I installed version 3.2. (which I downloaded on apple official webpage), screen resolution has changed to 1440 x 900 (Nvidia drivers probably runs well).
However, I can not control the keyboard backlight, brightness, volume, etc> from the keyboard. The touchpad responds properly. The BootCamp Control Panel, for example, can reduce the brightness at least for 4 parts, not one. Also i can't find drivers for i-sight and wi-fi.

In Control Panel - Programs and functions in WIN, I get the subsequent drivers.
> Apple Software Update
> Windows Driver Package - USBEthernet
> - Multitouch
> - Multitouch Mouse
> - ODD
> - WirelessTrackpad
> - (Cirrus Filter) Media
> BootCamp Services
> NVIDIA Display Control Panel
> NVIDIA Drivers
> Realtek High Definition Driver

Windows on BootCamp, I tried to reinstall several times again, still with no change. Drivers, which I mentioned did not work even after the updates for Windows.

I would be grateful for your valuable advices, thank you in advance.

OP
S
Reaction score
>>> Partly Resolved. In fact I have on my Mac OS X Install DVD just 3.1 BootCamp version (I don't understand it I thought that there should be basic drivers of 3.0). So I had to download at first BootCamp 3.0, manually install it and after that I could install BootCamp 3.1, 3.2.

But I still don't have some drivers in device manager - the USB Host Controller and Network Adapter. More specifically, it is also an Intel (R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3B36 and 3B3B.

If you have any experience with this, I would be grateful for your advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The 3.1 version of Boot Camp that you have on your OS X install DVD already includes all the drivers that were in the original 3.0 version. You should not have had to install version 3.0. As a matter of fact, Boot Camp 3.0 is not normally available from Apple as a download and can only be found on the Snow Leopard install DVD. Where did you download Boot Camp 3.0 from?

OP
S
Reaction score
Now I understand, thanks for your answer. Nevertheless it isn't clear for me, why drivers didn't worked If I installed them from my Mac OS X Install DVD - exactly as is descibed. I downloaded Boot Camp from any page on drivers. But the USB Host Controller and Network Adapter still isn't working.

OP
S
Reaction score
Problem Solved - I found last drivers and finally it was possible to install.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. I'm glad you got everything working. Also, so you know for future reference, do not download anything associated with Boot Camp from an alternative source. As I stated above, BC 3.0 can only be found on the Snow Leopard DVD. BC updates are only legally available direct from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.