get rid of menu icon i dl'ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
I was reading over maclife.com and this article was interesting,

How To Play Your iTunes Library Remotely Over a VPN | Mac|Life

I read over it, went to the site mentioned, and dl'ed the free option after making my email account off this link

https://secure.logmein.com/products/free/

Its been a while,month or so, after clicking around that night some more it seemed more trouble than it was worth and wanted rid of it.

This is where idk what I did. I'm assuming that i just clicked and dragged what ever i dl'ed to the trash and thought that was that. Well i noticed a few days ago that there is an emblem grayed out in my menu bar. 90% of the time when i move the cursor over it i see the spinning beach ball. Occasionally i see some options once i right click like 'run Logmein' and some other things that are grayed out. But they do nothing.

I want to get rid of this.

When i go to finder & type logmein all i find are webpages that i have visited with that word/phrase in them. Nothing on my Mac. I have clicked around system preferences and see nothing with the menu bar options. I also hit comm/option/esc hoping that force quit is there, but it is not. I even checked in the trash, but once i type in that finder window logmein-it just searchs my mac anyway.

I have pieced together after some googeling, that to remove things that are not 'natural' to your mac from the menu bar could require 3rd party software. IS that correct? Is there something -free- that fits this bill?

I shouldn't be so cavalier with my new imac, and i am working on that, with you all's help/guidance

thanks

Screen shot 2011-04-30 at 1.25.18 AM.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
AHA! I found it under activity monitor.
As i look at it i guess that it is tiny since itunes is using .1% and safari 4.7 of my CPU. But this seems 'widows-esque' to me.

If i hit force quit and cannot find it in the finder is it 'gone' for all intents and purposes?

thanks

Screen shot 2011-04-30 at 1.32.22 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
So you deleted the application from your Applications folder is what you're saying here:

I'm assuming that i just clicked and dragged what ever i dl'ed to the trash and thought that was that.

Or at least, you think that's what you did? Well, if so, I'd go ahead and force quit the task, and you should be fine as far as I'm aware. In the future, it is a good idea to delete applications with a utility like AppCleaner.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
also check it isnt in start up items, this will make it open each time you reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.