powermac G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I am looking to get a power mac in a few week and i was wondering what i should be looking for with the ppc processors. Are there major issues with them? I have 2 desktop hard drives that will fit the computer and i was wondering how many bays that the computer has? My last question is will an ibook g4 tiger disk work on this computer when i installing the OS cause my neighbor had one and she said that she was able to get hers to work using her ibook disk and i was thinking that would be helpful if it would work cause i have one.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am looking to get a power mac in a few week and i was wondering what i should be looking for with the ppc processors. Are there major issues with them?

Overall not really...but it would help to have more info on what exact model Powermac G4 we are talking about...there were LOTS of different models.

I have 2 desktop hard drives that will fit the computer and i was wondering how many bays that the computer has?

Again...it depends on the model Powermac G4.

My last question is will an ibook g4 tiger disk work on this computer when i installing the OS cause my neighbor had one and she said that she was able to get hers to work using her ibook disk and i was thinking that would be helpful if it would work cause i have one.

No it won't work.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was looking at the g4 mirrored drive from 2003-2004. this is the model number M8570.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was looking at the g4 mirrored drive from 2003-2004. this is the model number M8570.

Thanks for that info.

The Mirror Drive Door Powermac G4:

- can support up to 4 internal hard drives
- was noisier that previous Powermac's due to a lot of fans
- had a different (compared to previous Powermac G4's) more expensive power supply

HTH,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.