compatible screen for MBP 17"???

Reaction score
Can't believe my eyes! Someone else spilled on their computer?! I had mine in a bag with my digital Canon camera, cell phone, shuffle, several cords, papers from a meeting and a faulty sports bottle filled with water. When I got home the bottle was empty and the bag was 2" deep in water. The mac was only asleep. Bad habit, but I rarely turn off my computers. So I pop the battery. Unscrew the body screws and leave it resting on one corner point with props. Next day it seemed dry. I powered it up. No problem. Then I noticed the screen. It's transparent! I can see the stuff behind it. The screen acts up for awhile and now it is very light. So light you can't really read type. I backed it up using target mode (as it had been awhile since I took the time to unplug the terabite hd I use for that from my PowerMac). So here I sit tonight trying to work out just what I'm going to do. I plugged in my PowerMac screen to my MBP and that's what I'm using to read and react to. My big question is how do I know the type of replacement screen I need. I did a search here and could not find where to look for the type of info I need to know to find out what's compatible with my machine. I did do "about this Mac" and got the following info under monitor: ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c5
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-086
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.086
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: On
Mirror Status: Master Mirror
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
EN7600:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: On
Mirror Status: Hardware Mirror
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
2.16 GHz Intro Date:April 24, 2006 model no. A1151

Does any of this help anyone be able to tell me how to check if a screen is compatible? I found a source for screens at only $105! So that sounds doable for my limited finances and could solve my problem IF it is compatible. The web site said this about the monitor: Apple MacBook Pro MA611LL/A Laptop LCD Screen 17" WUXGA LED DIODE (SUBSTITUTE Replacement LCD Screen ONLY. Not A Laptop ) MA611LL/A-2422-LCD

I didn't see any of the notations there in the description on my mac, so I hope someone on this list can help me. TIA

PS
April 5, my battery expanded by 5/8" (the Apple Store replaced it free!)
April 21, my beleaguered power cord caught fire! (again Apple replaced it free!)
April 25, water damage (I'm on my own, but this baby is a keeper a real trooper. If it were a person it would be described with lots of superlatives. Quite simply, it's why I buy Macs)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Is your computer a Ma611ll? That's really all there is to it. Ifixit has guide that will help you replace it. 105 sounds about right for the LCD. The model number should be on the sticker under the battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.