Help! MacBook Pro starts up but no apple logo.

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro will start up, chime and the gray screen will appear, then nothing else. When I turn it off again, a faint beep can be heard.

I have tried resetting it with these keys and no luck.

P+R+cmd+opt
shift
s+cmd
X
opt
cmd

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro - OS X 10.6.7 - 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB Ram - NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Take it to your nearest Apple Store and have them look at it. You may have to pay for the repair depending on your warranty, but it's worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If you're hearing a faint beep/chirp from inside the computer, that's most likely a failed hard drive. Agreed on taking it to the store if it's still under warranty. If not, the hard drive is super easy to replace on those units. Buy a drive, check out iFixit.com for instructions and save some money over professional repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Before you go buying a drive though make sure it boots just fine from your restore disks (put disk in and hold down c while booting). If it boots fine then it is probably the hard, you can also check the harddrive once you have booted from a cd using disk utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.